Saturday, March 8, 2008

Polling Day: For the Fist Time in myLife

Photobucket

It’s 8th of March year 2008, the big day for all Malaysian. It’s our polling day for the 12th General Election 2008. For the first time in my life, I casted my vote approximately 9:18am this morning. The weather is good in PANDAN area, cloudy and the temperature is just nice for you to walk out there without much worry of sun burn.

Being the first time voter, I have done my homework before going to the polling station. For instant, I have checked my electoral details such as polling station, stream and etc. Compare to the 11th General Election (I was still underage for voting at that time but I followed my parents to the polling station), the 12th General Election is more well-organized. I think it might be because of the system is more stable compare to last time, the voting process become smoother as the waiting time this round seems to be shorten up.

I arrive at the polling station Sekolah Kebangsaan Pandan Indah around 9am. Get myself a nice parking bay and walk in to the school. As usual there are a few friendly policemen on duty at the entrance. Pass by a long corridor and reach the counter to check my polling stream. The SPR officer verified my ID and wrote a four digit number on the small paper that indicates my polling stream (classroom) which is No 6. There are 8 polling streams in SK Pandan Indah. The traffic was not that congested compare to last round as another polling station now no longer is SMK Pandan Indah that is right next to SK Pandan Indah.

I guess the SPR is smarter this round to place the other polling station away from this area to a religion school near the Pandan Indah Mosque. So for people that previously vote in SK Pandan Indah, please check your electoral status as you might be voting at the religion school this round instead of the ordinary SK Pandan Indah that you used to be. That is what happens to the gentlemen in front of me. He thought he will be voting at SK Pandan Indah like he did previously. I can still remember their conversation “Encik, I punya nama undi kat classroom mane?” said the gentlemen. SPR officer: “Encik, tempat mengundi Encik bukan di sinilah. Encik perlu pergi ke Sek Agama….” (The gentlemen respond: -___-“). It reminds me of the radio station community ad but I dare not to laugh at that moment because he was right in front of me.

Once I got my polling stream number I straight away head towards it. Que for around 5 minutes and I got to vote. I was given 2 pieces of voting slip (one for parliament and another for state assembly) with a serial number on it. My personal details such as full name and IC number was read out and being verified before I get to cast the votes. Who have I voted for? Well, I guess most of my close friends will know. Put a cross on the vote and I casted my vote into the transparent polling box.

Tonight is going to be another exiting polling box open night!
So Malaysian, have you all voted? I have done my part as a citizen.
Let's see what will the majority says. God bless Malaysia.

1 comments:

thomas kuanvin said...

realli wondering who d u vote for..hahahahahahah

a very first time to cast vote,if i were you, I will sign my name in the box instead of crossing it....mark the first special one for 1st general election ....

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates