Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Must Watch Muvee

One of my friends is telling me that I’ve been writing too much about election lately. Well, here I am writing on something else. I’ve been trying to post some movie review but still the review that I am suppose to write stay comfortably in the draft box for more than 2 weeks. Lately I went for Vantage Point in Pavilion KL, so I guess I’ll just jumble up all three movies in one post.

The first movie or perhaps I should say the first two movies that I’ve watched way back in two weeks ago are American Gangster and The Great Debaters. Both starred by Denzel Washington, the academy award winner. I find both movies are quite inspirational. Both of the movies are based on real life story. The third movie that I watched is a purely friction but yet it is so “real”. Thus Vantage Point is another Kent recommended must watch movie!

American Gangster illustrated the story of Lucas Frank, the American Drug Tycoon in late 60s’ and early 70s’. Of course, the inspirational part is not about the “legendary” successful story of a Negro drug distributor but the story of how Frank Lucas, a Negro that helps to revives the America Drug enforcer integrity. Find out how a Negro drug dealer eventually creates his own “product” brand name and rise among the Italian mafias. American Gangster, do not miss it. I personally recommend for DVD full version as I believe a lot of scenes will be censored in Malaysia cinema.

Directed and starred by Denzel Washington, The Great Debaters story features Wiley College way back in the 30s’ when American education system still differentiate between colleges for white and colleges for Negro. Emphasizing on “The Power of Words”, The Great Debaters tells a story of the first ever Negro debater’s team that beat Howard University, the national champion at that time. The story brings a very important message of violence is not the way to solve problems.

Vantage Point story is about an attempt to assassins the President of United States of America. There are several key witnesses present at the scene. The assassin took place at Spain, one of America alliances in the movie where the President try to persuade the world leaders to support his effort in combating in the war against terrorism. You might find it a bit annoying during the rewind time part but trust me, just as you thought that you have lost patient and about to judge that it’s another bad movie, you’ll be surprise with how the story goes. Don’t believe it? Seing is believing, watch it yourself!

0 comments:

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates