Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year 2008


It’s the sixth day of Chinese New Year!
Such a long time didn’t scratch anything here.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my (limited) blog visitors a very prosperous New Year ahead, may all your wishes comes true in this brand new year.

Approaching New Year
Just like everyone else, I went for a CNY shopping!
I’ve been to almost all the malls in town.
Find that most of the malls are decorated well for the festive season.
The one that I remembered the most will of course be Berjaya Times Squares.
With the big lion opening its mouth at the front door,
it makes me think of a Chinese proverb “狮子开大口”,
which means slaughtering people… hehehe… and with that, it’s my heading picture for the post.
Talking about shopping for CNY, buying new clothes will of course be part of it.
Bought myself a new pant, some shirts, a pair of shoes… well that’s all about it!

CNY eve
This year reunion dinner was a little quiet in the house.
Well, of course it wouldn’t be the same like the year before,
as my elder sister got married last year, my eldest sister who was in China…
The reunion dinner ended up with only my parents and I…
Yeah, it was a little lonely indeed…
After we finish dinner, my secondary school buddies came to the house.
A little bit early for our annual CNY Le Tour De Pai Nin~
but still the tradition continues,
where Pai Nin will not be complete without a little cards playing~
I still remember last year Kam Fai, the so called god of Dee got beaten up by us crazily~
But such scene does not repeat this year.. Hehehe…
People gather around at my house and play cards till five in the morning and yeah,
that’s how we marching towards a brand new year in the Chinese calendar.

CNY Day 1
Woke up early in the morning,
great my parents and get ang pow from them… ^^
I’ve been watching TV after lunch till my sister and brother in law came.
Chit-chit chat-chat a bit then they went home and I had dinner with my parents.
After dinner went to Kam Fai house for Pai Nin + a little gambling…
We bought tickets to watch CJ7 but the muvee will only starts at 2am.
Guess it was the latest show time I’ve watch at Cinema.
Stay at his house up to 12am then we went to Pavillion.
About CJ7~ My personal review for the muvee is…
It’s more towards the type of touching touching film rather than comedy.
Or I should say pure comedy that I expect like the other Stephen Chow series.
Stephen Chow and Kitty Zhang are actually supporting actor/actress in the film…
The whole movie focus on Xu Jiao… all the laughter part came from her…
For those who expect to watch a comedy like me, you might be a little disappointed.
I personally felt that CJ7 is not as funny as Kung Fu or Shaolin Soccer.
The touching touching part is ok to me,
just if Stephen didn’t revived then it will be a lot better.
Comedy + Touching story = ?
Well, judge it on your own.
To me, I am still not that use to Stephen Chow that no longer becomes a comedy star.

CNY Day 2
More or less the same like Day 1,
CNY Day 2 activities are watching muvee, gambling,
sister and brother in law plus nephew visiting…
Kam Fai, Fish and Ching Kheen went to my house to play big2,
Hahaha as a newbie, poor Ching Kheen sacrifice himself~
Like a candle he light up me and Kam Fai by burning himself~
Muahahahahahaha~ Omg, I sound so evil…
Went to Pavillion to watch Kung Fu Dunk at 12am…
The story line is very similar like Shaolin Soccer,
it just that the background, people, time line and places are different.
Well of course, from soccer it turns into basketball…
A 100% pure comedy to me, a perhaps not 100% but a big portion of it…
The muvee also stress on tender feelings but not as much as CJ7 did…
If I would rate the movie with 5 star as the best,
most probably I will rate it at 3 star.
But if you ask me would it worth to watch at cinema?
To be honest, just buy the DVD will do…

CNY Day 3
Today is the day where my eldest sister came back from Shanghai.
At noon, my parents and I went to the Airport.
We practically spend the day time on the journey to and returning from the airport.
When we reach home it was almost 4pm.
Manage to rush to Choy’s house Pai Nin…
Approximately at 8pm I return home to go out to have dinner with my family at Ulu Langat.
The dinner was good and once I finish I get back to Choy’s house.
The 2nd place we all went to Kam Fai house for Big 2 game…
All the way we play until 4am…
So that wraps up the 3rd day or CNY!

CNY Day 4
The 4th Day of CNY, I am suppose to visit Joo at Klang,
But I find that my head almost explode early in the morning…
So I’ve decided to stay at home and take good rest.
But still my beautiful plan was spoiled…
I ended up in Hon Khim’s house drinking wine and eating some Chinese delicacy…
Then we all went to Chee Meng’s house Pai Nin…
The last stop before dinner was at Boon Tat’s house that is just right behind my house.
I went for dinner with my family at Imbi, then rush to Choy’s house.
Watches Man Utd game… where MU got beaten up by Man City…
The terrible part is that Chelsea vs Liverpool game that came later ended up with a boring 0-0 draw…

CNY Day 5
Woke up early in the morning, took bath and prepared myself to go on Genting!!!
Jump on Meng’s City and we went up to the hill straight away~
Reach Genting and had our lunch there…
Pai Nin there to get some “Ang Pow” from Genting... hehehe…
But unfortunately Kam Fai and Meng seems not getting the Ang Pow…
I think Choy and Hon Khim got the biggest Ang Pow if I am not mistaken…
After we came down from the hill, we went to Leisure Mall…
Thought of having dinner at i-Dragon restaurant but find that it’s full house…
So we went to Vietnam Kitchen. We ordered six dishes…
But there are 3 dishes that we have to wait until we all finish up our rice…
Kam Fai was pissed and he started to “have a few words” with the waiter by the end of the day.

So that’s how I spent the first 5 CNY days.
Going to Neway to Sing K later!
My 2008 New Year celebration will come to an end today!
Gonna be BACK TO SCHOLL tomorrow~!! Hurray!!



0 comments:

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates