Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Alert for BDR Sg. Long residents

Picture taken from www.space1999.net

This is based on TRUE STORY, happened on 18th February 2007 8.30pm, Sg.Long UTAR campus. My name is Wong HaYung, Billy from BAC T4, Y1S2.
The location of the incident is at the park/field between Jln SL 2/2 and 2/3 (behind Bandar Sg Long Shell petrol station),
which has no street light. I was being robbed by 3 indian/bangkala guys. It happens at 8.30PM, when I was walking home from my dinner alone. I could only manage to remember 1 person, which is tall and skinny. I can’t recognize the others because at that moment I knew I had to RUN as fast as I could. I’m very lucky that I escaped from them. Thanks God for blessing me.

First there is an Indian guy came to me pretended asking some questions but I realize there’s something wrong. I quickly threw my stuff (a basket of chicken eggs for my breakfast) to him, and suddenly two guys try to pull me from my back to a small valley. They pulled my shirt then I shouted and scream to frighten them for a short while. As that happened, I quickly give up my shirt so that I can escape easier from them. I also left out my slipper and run to a brighter place. Finally, I manage to escaped and I thought they had give up on robbing me. But I could still remember their conservation, there are only two sentences as I run away from them few steps behind.

Robber 1: “ Oui Ya, budak ni sangat cepat ma….. Bagi saya PISAU!!!!”
I am very lucky that they didn’t threaten me with the knife earlier. Just as I thought I had successfully escaped from them, I realized that they're searching for me with their knifes, that happened around our University compound. It was so scary! Luckily, I have ran to another street and hide myself. Then I did not the original routine way that I use to go home after dinner.

The robbers might thought that I would have use the same way to go home after dinner thus they waited there to rob me over again.
Can you imagine, even when I'm escaped, they still don't give up!!!

At last, I'm only left with my pants, hand phone, wallet and my house key.
Some of you might be thinking that it's no big deal as I still have my belongings with me and I am not suffer from any serious injury, thus I need not to be so frightened. Yes, my only material lost is a shirt and a pair of slipper only and I only suffer minor injury with my hands and legs. I often heard people claims that when someone rob you, just give what you have. But through this experience, via the robbers conversation to be specific, I finally realize that ROBBER ROB MONEY and also LIFE. Robber is knowledgeable, when they are robing people, if the situation is not right for them, they have no doubt to make the CRUELEST decision against you.

The previous Mahkota Cheras’s case happens far away from here, which I thought it might because of that place is isolated and does not have many residents. I thought that Sg Long has more residents and robber will not has guts to rob in housing area. Damn it, I just experienced it. It's so silly of me to have such a thought previously. There are many UTARIAN staying here, some stay at Condo and some at housing estate. But regardless where you stay or how many people are around you, it didn't means that you are safe from robbery.

Lecturer always says, business world keep changing, there are always emergence of new technology. The same theory applies for robbers and thieves, their skills and behaviors are always evolving. They become braver, smarter and more well-planned. This afternoon, I received a call from an Indian/Malay says that he want to rent a room, but I rejected. I've posted the renting Ad around Sg.Long and 7-eleven area. My contact information and address are listed. But the guy that called me sound so similar from the one who rob me.

There's a Chinese proverb says, “When there's once, there's always a second one”.
I guess those bastards are surly angry that they didn’t get anything from me and must be more aggressive looking for next their victim. I know it's very stupid of me to walk alone during night time, cause since May 2007, I almost use the same path every night and thought that such unlucky incident will not pick me up. Sometimes, I even walked home alone during 12~1am midnight when I finish my part time job at oldtown kopitiam. This has further pull down my awareness as I thought that Sg.Long is actually a very peaceful place and robbers also need to sleep =S People always stay in their own comfort zone and will not be alert when nothing happens to them. I hope that every UTAR staffs and students, will always be alert whenever and wherever you are.

One last thing that I need to EMPHASIZE here is the shirt they took away from me is a UTAR T-SHIRT!!!! So please please be alert when you see suspicious stranger wearing UTAR T-shirt! Do not loosen your alert because they are UTAR student. Anyone who received 017-2716811 call, please be alert too. This is the Indian/Bangladesh guy's number who ask me about the rental.

Few Advises to you:-

1) Let go anything they want from you, even your underwear. (is better than bleeding~)

2) Never fight with them, unless you are helping your friends to get away from them
3) RUN as fast as you can! (I did this and it works >.<''')

4) When you are escaped look for help as soon as possible, before the robber got you again.

5) Staying in group doesn't mean you are safe, always be alert of your surrounding environment is the BEST solution to keep you free from robbery.

6) Don't ever give up your life, struggle as you can, who knows miracle will happen.

Appreciate your life, don let it fall to other bastards.


Thanks to a Year 2 student, name ‘Kok Wei’ who believe what I said and willing fetch me back to home.

I hope you can share and forward this message around the UTAR campus, especially Sg.Long Campus.
Do feel free to correct any grammatical error I made.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

This is a real statement from a UTAR student.
To all the readers especially current
UTAR FAM BDR Sg. Long Campus student,
please be alert for your own safety.

2 comments:

nicholascsc said...

all my friends in utar...

do take care of urself..dun go alone especially at nite...

Anonymous said...

hey,im intended to study in utar sg long campus too!After reading ur blog im feeling vy scared~~bt anyway,how is the degree in accountancy in utar...?

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates