Sunday, January 27, 2008

26/01/08 A Perfect Day

Posted something on the national issue part, hopefully won’t be bombastic enough to get me into a lunch or dinner in Sg Buloh or Kamunting. Let’s come back to my life. I have been busy with my viva over the week and it’s finally over. I was thrilled with my supervisor phone call because she compliments us for doing very well in the viva. So the hard works do pay off. It was on the past Saturday, 26 JAN 2008. Early in the morning, we reach KA500B and started to set up the equipment in the room for our presentation. Slowly time passes, more and more people came in to the room. We were totally shocked when more than 30 juniors actually show up for our viva session. More than what we could have expected. Imagine people are grabbing chairs from next door to sit in. We started our session with a bit nervous that I would have to admit but who didn’t right? Finish the whole presentation part in around 17 minutes time if I am not mistaken. I can see the second examiner jotting down notes in the middle of the presentation. But when it comes to the Q&A session, she just said that: “I thought it was really good! Err… questions… okay, why do you guys pick this topic? hehe” David and I was smiling to each other and he started to answer the question by stating our interest in performance measurement. I added by saying that our curiosity on the emergence of collaboration between academia and industrial is also one of reasons why we chose to study the topic. Ying Ling and Jessie also express their view on the topic. Our supervisor then say she has no question plus repeatedly saying: “Good! Good!” That’s all about my VIVA which ends around 9.25am in the morning.

Right after the session ends, I manage to capture a few pictures with my group mate David, Jessie and Ying Ling. Guys, you all are simply the best cause I really don’t know what to say but to thank you all. A big thank you for you guys understanding as I am required to attend an Ambassador Appointment ceremony in KL thus our group viva session has to be push forward to become the first session of the day (initially we are the third group presenting at 11am), thank you David as I can’t deny that you did the most reading, writing, analysing (basically mostly everything la…) for our viva and thesis… for the first time in my life I have to salute you for the great work done in our thesis, a big thank you to Ying Ling and Jessie who transform their house into our own research centre/library… ^^ Ok, enough appreciation… Actually it’s not the end yet because we still need to submit our final report on 5 March 2008. So more work coming…

Let’s get back to the viva day, like I mentioned earlier I went to the Collegiate Ambassador for Peace convocation 2008. UTAR nominated the 4 former Student Representatives which are Alex, Lilian, Pei Lee and I to go for this CAP convocation to be appointed as the peace ambassador. Glad to be appointed but I find that I’m no longer that “sociable” nowadays compare to those days. There are various activities plan by the organization. We had gone through several briefings and of course the opening remarks from the Ybhg. Tan Sri… plus the speech from Representative of Datuk Mustafa…

Left the place around 1pm and went to Pavilion with David and Eric. For the first time, 3 of us went shopping together in suit… hmm…. Sound awkward huh? Thanks to David la… -.-“ Had the long queue donuts with them plus some sushi at ichiban-bonshi. Talk about life, about girls, and many many stuff… Also went to sincere watch and then only realize why watches cost 600 thousand ringgit… kinetic power, sunrise and sunset, accuracy of time, military meter design etc. etc. all those technical elements I guess Eric know more than me. Finish meal, went back to Sg Long and bump into Old Town to listen to David Plan once again… and “up up up” till 6pm gone home and took bath and straight away headed to Ai Sien’s house warming… Meet with my secondary sch buddies.. And of course all the “Jee Mui” was there also… More story to come in the next post… hehe sound like a movie preview huh? Or TV commercial break thingy.. hehehe

1 comments:

nicholascsc said...

congrats for the success of ur viva presentation...

take care and keep in touch...

gd luck in ur final report...

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates